Full-Time Technical Writer (San Francisco, CA)
Fitbit is the market leader in the fast-growing category of connected health and fitness products, an exciting business that combines cutting-edge tracking devices with motivating online and mobile experiences to help people reach their health & fitness goals.
Fitbit’s product line includes a number of tracking devices that measure everyday activity — such as daily steps, distance traveled, calories burned, stairs climbed and even how long and well you sleep – to encourage you to be more active. We also make the Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale and are working aggressively on new products. All of our products wirelessly and automatically sync your data with Fitbit’s online and mobile dashboard, which keeps you motivated through charts and graphs, badges, motivating competitions with friends and family, and fun notifications of your progress.
Technical writers understand and anticipate our customers’ support needs, and channel that understanding into easy-to-follow, closed-loop help content. Maintaining an approachable tone, and conveying the brand’s enthusiasm are regular challenges in a role that is key to defining the unassisted customer experience. As a Content Specialist at Fitbit, you work cross-functionally with product, marketing, sales, engineering and support teams to define our customers’ first impression on Fitbit.com, as well as the voice of Fitbit support by writing customer communications.
- Create documentation using jargon-free, simple, and direct writing style.
- Develop support content for internal and external knowledge bases, and user manuals.
- Author customer communications on various topics, including company policy, process, and How-To & Troubleshooting steps.
- Effectively prioritize various streams of content requests using transparent methods, and smart resource management.
- Evaluate and assist in overall content management process discussions, specifically providing insight from a workflow perspective.
- Evaluate internal and external knowledgebase ensuring content is current and accurate.
- Optimize external support site knowledgebase performance.
- Understand and achieve content management goals for measuring success.
- Contribute toward evaluation of content management solutions and tools.
- Drive initiatives to increase customer self-service and first contact resolution.
- BS/BA Degree in a related field.
- Experience working directly with engineering, product and marketing teams to develop content.
- Exceptional content writing, editing, and structuring skills.
- Comfort editing the writing of others, as well as receiving and incorporating feedback on your own writing.
- Strong focus on quality and execution.
- Knowledge of HTML or XML.
- Passion for helping people find solutions.
- Interest in consumer electronics, health and wellness.
- Experience working directly with contact centers.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Experience developing content in support of consumer electronics launches.
- Experience with Desk.com and Salesforce.com CRM a plus.