Full-Time Technical Writer-Editor (Industry Analyst) (Philadelphia, PA)
SALARY RANGE: $87,292.00 to $113,478.00 / Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Friday, April 26, 2013 to Monday, May 06, 2013
SERIES & GRADE: GS-1083-13
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time – Permanent
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy in the following location:
Philadelphia, PA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY: United States Citizens
Join Team DCMA — Challenge yourself!
The Defense Contract Management Agency is a rich resource of indispensable partners who contribute to and benefit from integrated missions and programs. We are an independent combat support agency within the Department of Defense (DoD). We are the Department’s contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
About the Position:
This position is located in the Defense Contract Management (DCMA), Headquarters, Industrial Analysis Center.
Moving Expenses will not be paid.
Business Travel required 10% of the time.
Who May Apply:
· All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States
· Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligible
U.S. Citizenship Required
Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication
See Other Requirements
Back to top
Reviews, edits and formats major weapon systems industrial capability assessments and analytical products, prepared by industry subject matter experts for a wide array of weapon systems programs, for final presentation and delivery.
Provides interpretation and guidance to supervisors, technical leads, industry analysts, and analysts-in-training regarding analytical studies and deliverable requirements.
Develops and provides general training and presentations intended to train new analysts and update industry analysts on current policy/process changes.
Reviews, edits and prepares DCMA internal presentations, briefs and documents necessary for conducting official business.
Back to top
Specialized experience: To qualify, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level (GS-12). Specialized experience is defined as: Experience acquiring and presenting technical information through independent reading, interviews with subject matter specialists, observation of tests and experiments, interpretation of blueprints or diagrams, or other appropriate methods.
· The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened for the Office of Personnel Management’s basic qualification requirements, and the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the duties of this position as described in this vacancy announcement. Resumes are rated using Category Rating procedures. If you meet the minimum qualification requirements, based on your possession of job-related knowledge, skills, and abilities your resume will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran’s preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
· You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
· Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
· One year trial/probationary period may be required.
· Must comply with Drug Abuse Testing Program requirements.
· Must file annual financial statement.
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
· Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans’ preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM’s Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/ctap/index.asp.
Back to top
The Department of Defense offers excellent benefits programs some of which may include:
· Comprehensive health and life insurance
· Competitive salaries
· Generous retirement programs
· Paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation time
· Flexible work environment and alternate work schedules
· Paid employment related training and education
· Possible student loan repayment
· Payment of licenses, certification, and academic degrees as applicable
· Bonuses, incentives, and awards as appropriate for the job.
Click here for more information.
· Tour of Duty: Full Time
· FLSA: Exempt
· Bargaining Unit: Yes
· Emergency Essential Position: No
· Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
· The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available at http://www.cpms.osd.mil/ASSETS/E8AB932EA1E44617BAC7222922E42A62/DoDl140025-V300.pdf
· In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e. retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8416(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD instructions 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
· May require overtime work.
· Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
· Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs Will Not Be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations.
· Defense National Relocation Program Will Not Be authorized.
· Temporary Duty (TDY) travel is approximately 10 percent.
· Further certification from this announcement may take place up to 180 days beyond the closing date of this announcement.
· Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume
2. Your responses to the questionnaire
3. Additional required documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Monday, May 06, 2013
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy 883271. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot apply online, you will need to provide the same information
obtained in the online process. You will need three documents to complete
this process: the Occupational Questionnaire, the scan response form, U.S.
Office of Personnel Management Occupational Questionnaire (OPM Form
1203-FX), and a separate document described in item #3. below.
1. Download the scan response form, OPM Form 1203-FX, from
2. View Occupational Questionnaire. Use this information to guide you in
completing the OPM Form 1203-FX. Note that you may be instructed to leave
some responses blank on the scan response form.
3. On a separate document, please identify which position(s) on your resume
(include title, organization, and employment dates) support any response of
“E” (“I am considered an expert in performing this task….”).
4. Fax the completed OPM Form 1203-FX, along with your required and
supporting documents, to 1-478-757-3144. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will serve as
a cover page for your fax transmission.
PLEASE NOTE: The numbering on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the
Occupational Questionnaire. Section 25 of the OPM Form 1203-FX continuously
numbers from number one, while the Questionnaire starts each section of
questions with number one. When entering your responses please continue
regardless of number sequence. This issue has been identified and will be
resolved as soon as possible.
It is your responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or
faxed (i.e., resume) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing
date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Faxed documents must be completely transmitted by 11:59p.m. Eastern Standard
Time on the closing date of the announcement.
Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
The following documents are required:
· If the position has an education requirement or you are qualifying based on a combination of education and experience or solely on education, you must submit your college transcripts with your application.
· You MUST submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package. These documents may include, but are not limited to: for current employment verification, a non-award SF-50 or DD3434; for MSP claims, PCS orders and marriage certificate; for verification of Veteran status, DD214 (which indicates character of service), SF-15, VA Letter and/or Activation/Deactivation orders.
· If you are currently serving on active duty: A statement of service from
your unit identifying the branch of service, period(s) of service, campaign
badges or expeditionary medals earned, type of discharge, character of
service, and the date you will be separated or be on approved terminal
leave. If you supply a statement of service at this stage, your
preference/eligibility will be verified by a DD214 (Member 4 Copy) upon
separation from the military. For more information about Veteran’s
Preference, please click this link:
Please upload veteran’s documents under the appropriate category.
If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and will not be considered any further.
PLEASE NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents like military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for other than the applicant. These documents may be sanitized to remove such personal information before submission with the application. Applicants may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents upon selection to confirm eligibility.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Central Resume Processing Center
DA SWR DCMA
302 Marshall Avenue
Ft Riley, KS
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS or Application Manager account.
Applicant is responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS or Application Manager. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to applicant.
For questions regarding the status of your application, eligibility or qualifications determination contact: