Full-Time Technical Writer Analyst (Phoenix, AZ)
Quest Software, an award-winning IT management software provider offering a broad selection of solutions that solve some of the most common and most challenging IT problems, is now an important component of Dell’s Software Group. Quest bolsters Dell’s competitive position in delivering end-to-end IT solutions and is a strong strategic fit with Dell’s Software Group.
Dell Quest is a leader in the Identity and Access Management market. Our IAM products serve corporate customers worldwide with a sophisticated and highly respected offering of functionality, flexibility and timeliness.
We are currently looking to hire a motivated Technical Writer Analyst who loves challenges and can be adaptive in a fast-paced, rapid development environment where advanced communication skills and positive team collaboration are essential.
· Produces pre-sales and post-sales product documentation for complex software solutions.
· Collaborates with and gathers input and content provision from all stakeholders under the direction of intermediate and senior technical communicators.
· Completes content from basic documentation structure for assigned deliverables based on a profiled user group.
· Assists in analyzing marketing and development requirements to determine the documentation deliverables.
· Assists in the production of an Information Plan for the Development Contract to identify resources and determine schedule to meet the market need for the product.
· Conducts peer reviews of documentation where required and assigned, to ensure consistent quality in the documentation set.
· Participates in process improvement activities to consistently increase efficiency and quality in the production of documentation.
· Conducts research into new methodologies and tools when assigned to improve the usability and production of the documentation set
Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis in English, Education, Journalism, or Information Management.
Requires an additional 0-2 years of experience working in technical writing or software development environment
Basic computer skills, proficiency in word processing, familiarity with desktop publishing tools, familiarity with online help systems, and basic understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
Able to work independently with little supervision, excellent oral and written communication skills, good presentation skills, and good conflict-resolution skills.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit:Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Life at Dell Learn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:Life at Dell
Job Engineering Operations – Technical Writer
Primary Location North America-US-AZ-Phoenix
Shift Day Job
Job Level Individual Contributor