Full-Time Technical Writer Analyst (Grapevine, TX)
Working, under general supervision the Technical Writer Analyst delivers defined business requirements for IT, performs and documents business and IT communications to deliver quality, defect free software/hardware to a production environment. Responsibilities include gathering and documenting functional requirements, documenting technical specifications and assisting in building the knowledge base of the systems owned by the team to include the writing of procedure manuals. This position is the representation of the team to both the business and the IT development teams. This position participates in all phases of the software development life cycle, taking business requirements through to post-implementation. Associate may interact with his or her supervisor several times a week, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and feedback.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Utilize creative thinking and problem solving skills to analyze, design, and implement robust quality processes to ensure project implementation success.
- Deliver requirements for systems and projects assigned by the Product Manager for development and support.
- Manage business requirements through implementation, or completion of warrantee phase, including tracking changes, analyzing proposed changes for impact to project schedules, coordinating review and approval of changes, revising any requirements documentation and user notification.
- Design and coordinate iteration reviews with stakeholders to ensure functional requirements and stakeholder expectations are met.
- Maintain subject matter expertise for the systems for which the Technical Writer Analyst is responsible.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the functional and technical requirements of all software releases to ensure complete coverage of all requirements
- Develop, review and publish functional and technical requirements in conjunction with the design phase of the development life cycle.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure that functional and technical requirements are well documented and clear for the applications being developed. This includes review of project documentation as well as production and receipt of feedback for business requirements.
- Create and maintain repositories for project material. This includes functional requirements, technical requirements, knowledge base and other related technical publications
- Cultivate and manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Model the behaviors expected of all GameStop associates including a drive for correct results, with a demonstrable bias for appropriate action; high levels of maturity and professionalism; giving, receiving and responding to feedback effectively; a consistently high service orientation; and demonstrable commitments to diversity, inclusion, a respectful workplace, collaboration and integrity
- Gather, organize, analyze, summarize and document frequent and substantive feedback from others.
- Collaboration – Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Contributing to Team Success—Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Innovation – Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Navigating Complexity — Proactively and quickly making sense of complex issues; responding effectively to complex and ambiguous situations; communicating complicated information simply.
- Quality Orientation—Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- High school diploma or GED required; accredited Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of work experience in Information Technology, Computer Science
- At least 2 years of Business Analyst experience required; at least 1 year of retail environment experience preferred
- At least 1 year of Agile software development experience preferred
- Experience in implementation and delivery of software preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, MS Project, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English
- Working with software engineers to accurately document technical requirements
- Possess good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Working ability to organize work efficiently with multiple projects and responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail orientation
- Proficient ability to translate gathered business requirements into a functional requirements document
- Proficient ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Proficient analytical skills, including the ability to evaluate existing or proposed new solutions for potential flaws or improvement opportunities – including alignment to departmental goals and standards
- Working ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities
- Working knowledge of gaming industry and GameStop processes/procedures preferred
Job LocationGrapevine, Texas, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular