Contract \ Contract-to-Hire Tech Writer (Houston, TX)
job id:308861category:Technical Writingindustry:Energy/Oil/Gaslocation:Houston, Texastype:Permanentquestions about this job?:(713) 626-4900
We are currently looking for a Tech Writer for a full-time role in Houston TX. Qualified candidates will write manuals and procedures for one of the largest oil and gas companies in the world.
• Ability to write, understand and speak English is mandatory with ability to translate technical information into understandable procedures an absolute necessity
• Participate with others in the development of the Manuals and Procedures Templates
• Ensure that the output from the Manual and Procedures delivery process achieves the desired quality
• Assist with the document review cycle ensuring adherence at all times
• Ensure compliance at all times with any related confidentiality processes
• Support the SmartProcedure process ensuring that it is effective as a tool at all times
• Ensure the effective interpretation of all related technical data inputs for the purposes of delivering a process of the required quality
• Responsible for liaising with Subject Matter Experts (SME) or Technical Authorities to facilitate review of produced documents
• Potentially manage team of technical authors, ensuring efficient working procedures are in place to complete work to schedule
Technical Skills Required:
• 5 to 15 years Technical Writing experience in related industries
• Appropriate Technical qualifications in related industry ideally coupled with experience in an operational role on related plant and equipment.
• Experience in writing, document editing, or related skills
• Experience writing instructional or technical documents and presentations
• Experience reading piping and instrument diagrams, process flow diagrams and other technical drawings
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi task and meet deadlines
• Ability to work with and drive to completion multi step processes
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Be attentive to detail, quality focused, flexible and dead line oriented
• Technology proficient with Microsoft Office products, specifically MS Word, MS Power Point, SharePoint etc.
• Available for both domestic and international travel
Randstad Technologies is an EOE-M/F/V/D and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, a $20.0 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world.