Full-Time Senior Technical Writer, Internal Technology Documentation (San Francisco, CA)
Salesforce.com transformed the enterprise software market with cloud computing. We’ve launched business apps and platforms that are as easy to use as Amazon.com and as social as Facebook. And now we’ve got our sights set on the next generation of cloud computing. Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as the world’s 4th fastest growing company, our technology teams are the brains behind visionary technologies like the Force.com platform, enterprise social collaboration tools like Salesforce Chatter and the AppExchange marketplace that are help growing the cloud computing industry. With more than 5,000 employees, the first enterprise cloud computing company to exceed $2.0B in annual revenue run rate, and more than 97,000 customers worldwide, we are proud to contribute to the success of companies of all sizes and industries, around the globe. We’re also one of the “Best Places to Work” ( FORTUNE ). If you’re passionate about innovation, come help revolutionize how companies collaborate and communicate with customers.
As a technical writer on the Documentation team, you will serve the larger Technology organization by creating, updating, and delivering internal technical documentation about our service delivery software, hardware and processes, our internal Technology processes, and our internal tools. Working with Documentation management and other Technology leaders, you will manage a large portfolio of diverse writing projects, such as service delivery architecture descriptions and diagrams, hardware descriptions and diagrams, compliance documentation, procedural documentation for internal tools, and more. You have the right mix of technical knowledge, technical writing skills, Web skills, and creativity to deliver this documentation in the format best suited for various audiences. You have strong project management skills, excellent communications skills, and the tenacity, humor, and people skills to work with and obtain information from a wide variety of Technology team members.
Create, update, and deliver internal technical documentation about our service delivery software, hardware and processes, our internal Technology processes, and our internal tools.
- At least 8+ years writing technical documentation for a software development company
- Past experience documenting complex application hardware, software, and processes
- Deep understanding of Web-based application delivery software and hardware
- Exceptional technical writing and editing skills
- Strong visualization skills and experience with various software to create images and diagrams of complex systems
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and deliver high-quality materials
- Ability to learn quickly and adjust priorities in a dynamic environment
- Strong project management skills
- Strong experience in a wide variety of technical writing tools – FrameMaker, XML, Word, wikis, etc.
- Track record of innovation in delivering content in the format most suited to the target user
- Proven ability to obtain information from multiple SMEs with many demands on their time
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or communications field
- Experience using Arbortext Editor
- Experience with SCM tools such as Perforce, ClearCase, SourceSafe