Full-Time Manager Content Design PayPal (Austin, TX)
Every day at PayPal, we are changing the way the world does business by challenging the status quo, innovating and enabling business between millions of people across the globe. What we do at PayPal has never been done before and it has a tremendous impact! We build BIG and NEW products to drive worldwide commerce. Be it the next mobile payments solution, or a high availability money movement platform, we solve problems on a scale you just can””t find elsewhere. PayPal continues to push the boundaries of technology by investing in individuals who passionately believe in the potential of innovative technologies that make up a global market place.
At PayPal/eBay, no matter which of our offices, brands, or locations you call home, you’ll discover consistent benefits that are intended to support you—in your work, your life, your passions, and your future. This is where innovation meets reality! Are you an individual who is ready to grow and join our global community? Would you just like to know more about our latest and greatest projects? We would love to talk to you about it!
PayPal is seeking a Content Team Lead to join our Content Design group. The Content team lead uses words to influence the user experience and will have a strong background in writing, content strategy, interaction best practice, web and mobile content best practices, and lean UX methodology. This person must collaborate effectively with product teams, user interface designers, writers, marketing managers, and development teams.
The Content Team Lead is expected to become an expert in a product area, to execute quickly and efficiently in an Agile/Lean UX development environment, and create a content strategy for individual projects within a vertical. The Content Team Lead is the primary point of contact for messaging and is responsible for ensuring continuity across multiple projects and multiple stakeholders. The candidate will also be expected to write concisely and effectively while adhering to PayPal voice and standards.
About PayPal: PayPal is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid online, offline and via mobile device. The service allows people to send money without sharing financial information, with the flexibility to pay using their account balances, bank accounts, credit cards or promotional financing. With 117 million active accounts in 190 markets and 25 currencies around the world, PayPal enables global ecommerce.
- Evangelist for the user experience by influencing content and design decisions
- Define content strategy for projects and vertical based on user needs and business objectives
- Conduct content audits for all user facing communication channels
- Communicate content strategy to cross-functional partners effectively
- Collaborate effectively with product managers, user interface design team leads, developers, marketing managers, and other stakeholders
- Work with partners to define key content deliverables for the project including marketing, help and product deliverables
- Be familiar with all projects in your vertical and identify opportunities to share content and designs across projects
- Be the point of contact for any content issues for your vertical
- Analyze customer data to evaluate the effectiveness of content and push towards continuous improvement
- Stay on top of industry trends and evangelize best practices
- Complete regular competitive analysis and propose strategies to maintain competitive advantage
- Uphold content quality standards and help maintain consistent writing style and voice across the site through high level reviews
- Become a subject matter expert in assigned product areas
- Understand and adhere to brand, stylistic, and legal requirements
- Understand localization and international requirements
- Understand product development life cycle, milestones, and deliverables
- Understand how content and design work together to create the best possible user experience
- Excellent oral, written, and editing skills
- Ability to manage and develop content that supports objectives with minimal direction
- Ability to collaborate effectively in cross-functional design and product teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to pay attention to the details without losing sight of the big picture
- Experience in mobile, B2B e-commerce, financial services, payments, or retail industries a big plus
- Minimum 5 years of professional writing experience, with 3 years writing web content
- Ability to craft creative solutions to enable a better user experience
- Professionalism in all aspects of daily tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, HCI, Design, Communications, Technical Writing, or related field
Bachelors Degree Required
Job ID: 81587BR