Full-Time Instructional Training Specialist (Washington D.C)
Job Order: J0412-0455 – Permanent Full Time
Title: Instructional Training Specialist / Joint Intermediate Target Development Course Instructor (JITD)
Category: Consulting / Business / Functional
City: Washington, DC, District of Columbia, United States
Job Description: Instructional Training Specialist / Joint Intermediate Target Development Course Instructor (JITD)
The instructional Training Specialist will be responsible for maintaining and delivering instructional material for the Joint Intermediate Target Development Course (JITD) for the Department of Defense (DoD) Targeting Community. Teach blocks of instruction on theory and practice of target development to DoD Target Developers. This course is taught in-house at the Joint Military Intelligence Training Center (JMITC) and by a mobile training team (MTT). The ideal candidate will have direct experience with the Targeting community, its methodology and processes for developing, vetting and validating a target, and the ability to develop new material and deliver formal courses of instruction on the subject matter. The individual should have a background in the sixth phase of the targeting cycle, combat assessment and more specifically in Battle Damage Assessment, know where to find mission data, weapons data, elements of a target folder, be able to asses physical and functional damage, and be able to estimate recuperation times, and munitions effectiveness. By training a new generation of intelligence analysts, the incumbent will be making an important contribution to the Targeting mission, not only immediately, but continuing into the years ahead.
– Experience working Targeting issues at the COCOM or Agency level
– Documented experience building Electronic Target Folders
– Background in the sixth phase of the targeting cycle, combat assessment and more specifically in Battle Damage Assessment
– Knowledge of how to create a Phase 2 BDA report using USMTF and all of the elements required to write a Phase 2 BDA Report
– Knowledge of how to create a Phase 3 BDA report
– Knowledge of CJCSI 3370.01, Target Development Standards
– Knowledge of Joint Publication 3-60, Joint Targeting
– Understanding of the Joint Targeting Cycle
– Experience with MIDB and Morpheus interfaces (Gemini, JTT)
– Possession of excellent analytic and research writing skills
– Prior Instructor experience or formal instructor qualification
– TS/SCI clearance
Additional Qualifications: (desired not required)
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Foreign language capability
– Experience with system administration, network administration, and working in a classified computer environment with government IT systems
– Knowledge of national level intelligence community
– Knowledge of targeting intelligence and operations cycle
– TS/SCI is mandatory
– Candidate’s last investigation dates must be provided
– Current DIA badge is highly desirable; need candidate to start work immediately At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company – one that has grown to 72,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients – and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
– Training (Intelligence)
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segments: Curriculum, Training, Consulting, Research, Military Intelligence, Education, Operations, Technology, Government