Full-Time Instructional Designer (San Francisco, CA)
We are looking for an experienced Instructional Designer to join our Education team. AppDynamics is shaking up the APM market and the successful candidate will bring to the role their expertise using cutting edge methodologies and tools to build innovative learning solutions. This role will be responsible for developing from the ground up customer and partner training courses with hands on technical labs. AppDynamics training programs will be made up of both traditional on premise classroom, virtual classroom and e-learning/video training courses. As the first curriculum developer on the AppDynamics Education team, you will have the flexibility and freedom to design and develop world class training solutions. You will collaborate directly with technical departments within AppDynamics such as, Engineering, QA, Support, Documentation and Product Management.
If you enjoy the energy of a startup, and the freedom to design and develop cutting edge trainings, this is the ideal job for you.
- Designing, developing & updating cutting edge trainings to align with AppDynamics customer and partner’s business needs.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the training lab environments
- Deliver train the trainer sessions to AppDynamics Instructors and Authorized Training Partners.
- Assist with pre-course preparation including the training room set up, software installation and configuration of equipment.
- 2+ years creating innovative trainings for technical audiences using: Adobe e-learning suite, Flash, Camtasia, and MS Office (Word, Power Point)
- Experience working with Java and .Net applications
- Knowledge of the Application Performance Monitoring space a strong plus.
- Must enjoy a dynamic work environment that requires flexibility, self-direction, and creativity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Four-year degree from an accredited university, college or technical school in the disciplines of adult education technology, creative design, art, web design, education or instructional design
- Certifications in any of the disciplines mentioned above a plus