Full-Time Instructional Designer (East Syracuse, NY)
Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is the nation’s premier dental services organization. We provide expert business and administrative support to the fastest growing, branded network of dental practices in the country. We recognize that our success is a direct result of empowering and supporting ambitious dental professionals; together we build and develop successful, patient focused dental practices. As a reflection of our current needs and planned growth we are very pleased to offer a new opportunity to join our dedicated team as an Instructional Designer.
The Instructional Designer will be a highly skilled and motivated individual with experience in the design and development of performance improvement solutions to help us create the future of learning for all of our dental teams and field staff. Aspen Dental desires to develop a wide range of learning solutions so that each office team member can perform to the highest level of their job responsibilities.
Reporting within the Learning Design team (an extension of the Training and Development department), you will work collaboratively with operations, human resources, IT, and the support center associates. You will help us assess the organization needs, create and develop all types of performance improving solutions that support technical, non-technical and leadership positions. These solutions will leverage instructional design and adult learning approaches to improve job performance and increase knowledge.
In this role you will create and implement internal processes to design, develop, maintain and evaluate learning solutions continually looking for ways to improve worker performance through increased efficiency, learning effectiveness, and enhancing workflows. This role will be largely Instructional Design and Development as an individual contributor as part of Learning Solutions Team. The stretch goal and succession plan for this role will be as a Manager of Instructional Design and will lead a team of instructional and media designers; plan and organize work, assign projects, manage deadlines and deliverables, and marshal resources to ensure project completion. From the start you will focus on needs analysis, design and deliver solutions and possibly evaluate external vendor solutions as needed.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Design (ISD) or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of Instructional Design and Development experience required.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects and motivating internal or external customers through consultancy is required.
- Experience leading multiple projects simultaneously with multiple levels of collaboration is required
- Valid experience in the full life cycle of Instructional Design.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment.
- Experience with educational, collaborative, and course authoring technologies.
- Experience with multi-media platforms and synchronous and asynchronous elearning.
- Experience with LMS and LCMS desired.
- A high degree of business acumen should be displayed by your portfolio of projects.
- Flexibility in supporting teammates and the ability to adapt to constant change while working in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Most of all, the person selected for this role will be highly motivated by seeing others achieve personal success.